Prof. Dan J. Kim from the Univeristy of North Texas will give the following talk. Those interested, please attend.
- Title: Beyond Web 2.0: Challenges and Opportunities
- Speaker: Prof. Dan J. Kim(Univeristy of North Texas)
- Time: 2014.6.20(Fri), 14:30pm
- Venue: #1222, E2-1 Building
- Web 2.0, the current Internet evolution, can be described by several key features of an expanded web that is more interactive; allows easy social interactions through participation and collaboration from a variety of human sectors; responds more immediately to users’ queris and needs; is easier to search; and provides a faster, smoother, realistic and engaging user search capability, often with automatic updates to user. The purpose of this study is three fold. First, the primary goal is to propose a conceptual Web 2.0 framewrk that provides better understanding of the Web 2.0 concept by classifying current key components from the conceptual framewrk, this study conducts case analyses of Web 2.0 applications to discuss how they have adopted the selective key features (i.e., participation, collaboration, rich user experience, social networking, semantics, and interactivity responsiveness) of the conceptual Web 2.0 framewrk. Finally, the study provides insightful discussion of some challenges and opportunities provided by Web 2.0 to education, business, and social life.