지식서비스공학과에서는 노영태박사님을 모시고 “MAC and Routing Protocols for Mobile Underwater Acoustic Sensor Swarms”라는 주제로 아래와 같이 세미나를 개최합니다.
- 일 시: 2013. 2. 20.(수), 4 p.m.
- 장 소 : 전산학과 E3-1 #4443 오상수 영상강의실
- 강 사 : 노영태 (Cisco Systems Inc.)
- 주 제 : “MAC and Routing Protocols for Mobile Underwater Acoustic Sensor Swarms”
- 문 의 : 지식서비스공학과 학과사무실(☎042-350-1603)
- Present oceanographic sensing would be greatly augmented by an increase in spatial and temporal sampling as a large number of oceanic features cannot be clearly observed with existing technology. These features range from the observation of coastal circulation to simulating the behavior of small larvae in various aspects of their life stages.
As one strategy for observing these phenomena, a SEA Swarm (Sensor Equipped Aquatic Swarm) architecture can be considered as a short-term ad hoc real-time aquatic exploration, such as oil and chemical spill monitoring, submarine detection, and surveillance, by deploying drifting sensor nodes (e.g., UCSD Drogues) to the venue of interest that form a swarm and move as a group with the ocean oceanic current. Each sensor monitors local underwater activities and reports critical data or events in real-time using acoustic multi-hop routing to a distant data collection center, e.g., surface buoys or Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs).
In this talk, Dr. Noh will discuss various aspects of the work that is underway. This includes underwater MAC and Networking protocol design to put SEA Swarm architecture into practical use.
- YoungTae Noh is with Data Center Group, Cisco Systems, working on NXOS (Cisco Data Center OS) and TRILL (IETF std for Data Center Wiring and Monitoring).Previously, he received a B.S. in computer science from Chosun University in 2005, a M.S. degree in Information and Communication from Gwangju Institute of Science Technology (GIST) in 2007, and a Ph.D. degree in computer science from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)