We would like to invite all of you to a seminar delivered by Dr. Jorge Goncalves at University of Oulu.
The topic of the seminar is “Designing Technology for the Smart Cities of Tomorrow.”
People interested in this field are welcomed. Please attend and share your precious opinions.
- Date & Time : 2013. 5. 22.(Wed), 2 p.m.
- Venue : E2-1 #1222 Seminar Room
- Speaker : Dr. Jorge Goncalves (University of Oulu)
- Topic : “Designing Technology for the Smart Cities of Tomorrow”
- Contact Number : Department Office of KSE (☎042-350-1603)
- The unique ubiquitous computing infrastructure deployed at downtown Oulu provides new opportunities for the citizens to interact with the city. In this talk, research being conducted using this unique testbed and other will be presented including: social and complex networks, sensing urban mobility, instrumenting mobile platforms, engaging the public through public displays and crowdsourcing.
- Jorge Goncalves is a researcher in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Oulu and a member of the MediaTeam Oulu research group. His research interests include ubiquitous computing, human-computer interaction, crowdsourcing, social computing, and eliciting feedback and human input in authentic settings. Goncalves received an MSc in information engineering from the University of Madeira under the Portugal | Carnegie Mellon partnership. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.